Santa Clara County Parks Golf Course Protocol Under Covid-19
In addition to the Social Distancing Requirement placed by the County Order, the following policies and expressed procedures must be adhered to at all times by everyone on the golf course property. Golf course staff will be present to assist with and monitor compliance with the current guidelines listed below. These are the minimum guidelines required of the facilities. This Protocol is subject to change, based on updated State or County directives related to Covid-19.
Players who repeatedly fail to adhere to the requirements will be asked to leave the property.
Hours of operation will be limited to ensure social distancing and the Health Order compliance can be properly monitored. Golf may start as early as daybreak and the last tee time will be thirty minutes prior to sunset. Online reservations and prepayment of fees will be encouraged, allowing for an interaction free transaction. All other fees will be encouraged to be paid with credit cards (self-swipe) only.
Social distancing must be maintained throughout the golf experience by all persons who are not members of the same household. This includes, but is not limited to:
- per State order, play is “doubles, only if cart has protective partition” (you must arrive in separate cars and maintain social distance throughout play)
- signage and distance marking will be provided in buildings to maintain social distance requirements
- no more than twelve customers in a building at one time
- practice putting and chipping greens are available for warm-up only, limited to four players at at a time, at least 6 feet apart
- continuous putting is required; social distancing must be observed on greens and tees at all times
- driving range stalls will meet minimum social distancing requirements, rubber tees will be removed
- no group social gatherings will be allowed
- loitering in parking lots or on the property is prohibited
- kitchen will reopen 10/1 with a limited (to-go) food and beverage menu; limited outdoor only seating will be allowed in compliance with the County Health Order
- restrooms will be limited to use by one person at a time, signs will be posted reminding players to wash their hands
Sanitary practices should be maintained throughout the golf experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
- rakes will be removed from bunkers
- cups will be raised
- flags will not be touched or removed from cups
- ball washers and water fountains will be covered or removed
- sanitizing stations will be provided at key points throughout the facility, including driving range, check-in area and any frequent touch points
- benches will be covered or removed
- range buckets will be collected and sanitized prior to each use
- sanitizing solution will be added to range ball washers
- practice putting green flags will be removed
- restrooms will be regularly sanitized and sanitizing agents will be provided for customer use
- pencils and scorecards will be discarded after single use
- posting scores will not be available on site
- scorecard distribution boxes will be covered
- pull carts will be sanitized prior to each use
- rental clubs will be sanitized prior to each use
Compliance, Enforcement and Consequences if Protocol is not Observed
Staff will be on course throughout the day to enforce all required protocol. Players observed out of compliance will be reminded to adhere to all protocol. Players who repeatedly ignore these requirements will be required to leave the property.
- only limited, essential merchandise will be sold
- prepaid, organized golf events are allowed with a 32 player maximum with protocols/ rules distributed to all players
- tee times are available to be booked online and by phone
- employees will wear face masks as part of the required uniform
- customers will be required to wear face masks in and around the facilities
- signage reminding players of requirements will be placed appropriately throughout the golf property
- staff will be on the golf course throughout the day to enforce all requirements
- golf summer camps may be available in stable groups of up to 12 children pursuant to the County Health Order.
- individual golf lessons may be given in private areas of the property, all social distance requirements will be observed. Mask will be required for instructor and student
The golf course will continue to comply with all County or State Health Orders. From time to time this document may be updated (last updated 10/1/2020).